Bedwellty Agricultural Society will be hosing the 2019 show on the ground of Llancaiach Fawr Manor (Postcode: CF46 6ER).
- The weather forecast looks like it will have improved by show day, but Bedwellty Show WILL be going ahead no matter what the weather is like on Saturday.
- We are open to the public from 8am, horse classes will be commencing at 9am.
Getting to the show –
- Llancaiach Fawr Manor is on the B4254 road between Nelson and Gelligaer (about 2 ½ miles from the A470).
From M4 motorway leave at junction 32 and follow the A470 towards Merthyr Tydfil. After approximately 12 miles turn right at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach and follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
From A465 Heads of the Valley road turn onto the A470 towards Cardiff, follow this road past Merthyr Tydfil and turn left at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach. Follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
Admission Prices & Parking –
- Admission payment is cash only on the gate on show day and are –
- Adults: £7.00,
- Concessions and Children (under 16): £5.00,
- Children (under 5): Free
- Family Ticket: Two adults and up to three children: £20.00
- Car parking is free.
- Disabled car parking is available, a blue badge MUST be displayed.
If you need to contact us –
- All of the section secretaries contact details can be found on the Contact Us page. Please check the information you are looking for is not already listed on one of the sections of our website first. The majority of the Bedwellty team are helping prepare the show ground for show day, because of this we cannot guarantee we will be able to answer emails/telephone calls this close to the show, although we will try!
- Press: Please either Contact Shannon Slatcher on email prior / after show day or telephone Jo Thomas / Glyn Davies on show day.
Section closing dates –
- Poultry & Livestock: Entries closed, none accepted on the day.
- Horticulture & Children’s Craft: Entries accepted on the day – MUST be in the horticulture tent before 10am.
- Horse & Pony: All horse and pony classes (apart from classes 13-36) can be entered on the day, but at an extra charge of £4.50 per class (Novelty and young handles (classes 6-12) are excluded from the additional on the day fee)
- Want to check the schedule classes, print off an entry form or the Equine Influenza Declaration form? No problem! Do so by downloading them here: Schedules
- Vaccinated Horses ONLY – Please remember to print off and fill in your declaration form here. All horses MUST be accompanied by their passport as we will be scanning microchips and checking passports on show day.
- Please note will not be offering showjumping classes at the 2019 show, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Bringing your four legged companion with with you –
- Dogs are welcome at our show, however they must be kept on a lead and under control at all times and they will be unable to go in the tents (horticulture, poultry, children’s craft). We have a family dog show taking place at our show which dog owners may be interested in, please click here to read our earlier post listing the classes.
Social Media –
- Our Society is social! Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use our #BedwelltyAgriculturalShow2019 hashtag on your posts so our social media secretary can find your photos or email them over to email@example.com Why not also RSVP to our Facebook Event to let your friends know you will be supporting show day.
- Look out for our selfie frame on show day! Can you pose for a photo with it as well as Simba the Miniature horse did last year?!
From all at the Bedwellty Agricultural Society, we hope you enjoy the show!