Bedwellty Agricultural Society will be hosing the 2023 show on the ground of Llancaiach Fawr Manor (Postcode: CF46 6ER) on Saturday 19th August at 9am.
- The weather forecast looks good for show day, but the show WILL be going ahead no matter what the weather is like on Saturday.
- We are open to the public from 9am, horse classes will be commencing at 9am & livestock at 10am. Horticulture exhibits must be staged before 9.30am for judging to commence at 10am (in a change to the schedule, the tent will be closed for judging).
Getting to the show –
- Llancaiach Fawr Manor is on the B4254 road between Nelson and Gelligaer (about 2 ½ miles from the A470).
From M4 motorway leave at junction 32 and follow the A470 towards Merthyr Tydfil. After approximately 12 miles turn right at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach and follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
From A465 Heads of the Valley road turn onto the A470 towards Cardiff, follow this road past Merthyr Tydfil and turn left at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach. Follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
Admission Prices & Parking –
- Adults: £10.00
- Children (under 16): £5.00
- Children (under 11): Free
- Family Ticket: Two adults and three children: £25.00
Book online tickets here
We will be accepting cash & card on the gate if you would prefer to pay on the day instead of in advance online.
Car parking is free.
Disabled car parking is available, a blue badge must be displayed.
If you need to contact us –
- All of the section secretaries contact details can be found on the Contact Us page. Please check the information you are looking for is not already listed on one of the sections of our website first. The majority of the Bedwellty team are helping prepare the show ground for show day, because of this we cannot guarantee we will be able to answer emails/texts/whatsapps/telephone calls this close to the show, although we will always try! If you do need to speak to us, a telephone call is the preferred option.
- Press: Please either Contact Shannon Slatcher prior/after show day via any of the shows social media accounts or telephone Glyn Davies on show day.
Section closing dates –
- Dog Show: Entries accepted on the day – first class commences at 12.30, with all others to follow. Class list here.
- Horticulture, Equine & Livestock: We will NOT be accepting entries on the day for either of these sections.
- Unfortunately there is no Poultry or Rabbit Section at the 2023 show.
Schedule & Timetable
- Want to check the scheduled classes? No problem! Do so by downloading them here: Schedules
- Main ring programme is listed here
- We will have show programmes available to buy on show day for £1.
- We will not be hosting show jumping classes at the show this year.
Bringing your four legged companion with with you –
- Dogs are welcome at our show, however they must be kept on a lead and under control at all times and they will be unable to go in the tents (horticulture, children’s craft). We have a family dog show taking place at our show which dog owners may be interested in, please click here to read our earlier post listing the classes.
Social Media –
- Our Society is social! Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use our #BedwelltyAgriculturalShow2023 hashtag on your posts so our social media secretary can find your photos or direct message them to any of our social media accounts. Why not also RSVP to our Facebook Event to let your friends know you will be supporting show day?
Our Official Show Ground Photographer –
Mr Glenn Whitehouse will be the official photographer in attendance at Bedwellty Agricultural Show 2023 by invitation of the Bedwellty Agricultural society.
Please support Mr Whitehouse by ‘liking’ his photography page to see the images he takes on show day. This is also how you can get in touch with him to order.
Mr Whitehouse has been a supporter of our show for a number of years and we politely request that you only purchase photographers that he has taken to reflect this.
Find him on Facebook : www.facebook.com/GlennWhitehousePhotography
Special Addition for 2023 show –
The 2023 show will be Bedwellty’s 150th show. To mark this occasion there is a speed shear taking place on the show ground following our show hosted by Gelligaer Speed Shearing Society. This will start at 5.30pm. You can read all about this on our blog post here.
Our hosts Llancaiach Fawr Manor will be handing out vouchers to Bedwellty Agricultural Show 2023 guests upon arrival which will allow them to purchase all Manor entry tickets for half price on showing proof of their Bedwellty Agricultural Show wristband/proof of entry to the show on show day. The also have some special offers on over the summer holiday, you can read about them on our website.
You can read more about this on our blog post, here.
From all at the Bedwellty Agricultural Society, we hope you enjoy the show!